Monday, September 19, 2011

Wedding Gift 2

I also first saw this idea as a pin on pinterest.com (I love that website and it gives craft inspiration!). What a great way to make your gift stand out!
Supplies for this project include:
   Glass item to etch
   Paint brushes
   Xacto knife
   Contact Paper
   Armour Etch
   Rubber Gloves


I bought a glass pitcher to monogram for this project. After a glass object is found, look for a font, pattern, or object you want to etch on your glass. Remember the more complicated the harder it will be to cut out of the contact paper. I found a great B using Microsoft Word. Once you find a font you like, print it out and trace onto the contact paper (see below). One could also use the outline of scrapbook lettering.


While tracing the B, ensure it is backwards so that it appears the right way when etching. I used my kitchen window and natural light to trace the B. (I don't have a light table).


After traced, I cut the B out with my Xacto knife. The knife is sharp BE CAREFUL :).


Peel the back of the contact paper off and place the letter (or other object) on your glass object.
 Ensure the edges are sealed down.


I bought separate paint brushes for this project due to the chemical in the Armour Etch. I then painted in the armour etch and filled in all areas of the B. Wear gloves when using the product to ensure you don't burn your hands accidentally. Let the product sit on the glass for at least five minutes. Then rinse off the Armour Etch under the sink (while wearing gloves)


Here is my finished product! I love it and I think it will make a great wedding gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment