Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Gift 1


This is my take on a pin from pinterest.com. My childhood friend got married this last weekend and I thought it was such a great idea to use the invite as part of the gift. What a sweet keepsake. To make this invite ornament, you will need these supplies:

-glass crafting ornaments (I got mine from hobby lobby)
-a charm for extra zing
-ribbon
-scrapbook paper cutter
-the invite

This is so simple! Cut the invite into strips, so that you can read the writing. This particular invite had both large and small type so I had two sizes of paper strips. Then you wrap the strips around a pencil or pen to give them the curly appearance. Stuff the curly strips into the glass ball. I used ribbon to place the charm around the ornament neck as well as to use it to hang the ball. I suppose you could use it with any type of invite, but the wedding invite idea is my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment