Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jam Jar Tags

This project was inspired by a trip to Walmart a few weeks ago. While in the checkout isle, I was looking through the candy and found a package of canned good tags. Someone had obviously made a last minute decision to not buy them. They were adorable! I almost bought them myself, but then I thought... well shoot I could make that! My mom still makes homemade jams, salsa, and spaghetti sauce. So this is for her :).

1)-Supplies include:
               Fabric, pen or sharpie, paper hole puncher, scissors and/or paper cutter.
2)-I bought the 12x12 card stock at Hobby Lobby (50% off, yay!). First, I cut the paper
               into 3" long strips.
3)-Then I cut the strips into 2" wide pieces.
             

4)-Using the fine point sharpie, individualize/personalize your cards
5)-I LOVE this fabric. I found it at a garage sale for 10 cents! hurray! Cut the strips about
                3/4" wide and 15" long.
6)-I then glued on a few buttons. FINALLY, twist the fabric slightly and tie around the
                neck of the jar or around band of the lid. I trimmed a little fabric off and TADA.
         
 I really like the way they turned out! There are plenty of ways to change this project to make it your own. It is super easy, and can be a great gift for those who are masters of the kitchen! - Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment